Sheep For Sale

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

New Books,Spinning, Hatching Chicks, 1st Dark Marans Egg

I've found several new books to add to my library. "Start Spinning" has alot of general information and photos. There isn't alot of indepth information like the Alden Amos book- It's a really good starter book and I liked the photos. Found the "Knitting Circles Around Socks" at JoAnns. It shows how to knit 2 socks at one time. The photos are great and very self explanitory. "The Shepherd's Rug" is another fantastic book. I had stumbled onto Pine Lake Karakuls page with their rugs. They are beautiful. The book explains how they make the rugs from felted roving. What a great way to use roving. I'm interested in taking wool that may not be the best in microns, or britch wool..... and making rugs with it. They web address for Pine Lake Karakuls is http://www.plfkarakuls.com Tomorrow will be day 21 in the incubator. Yesterday afternoon we heard chirping coming out of the Bator. One shell had been chipped open and another this morning. Several of the eggs are moving around.

I've finally started Hello Yarn's August fiber "Patchwork".


It is really beautiful. I'm especially taken with the blues/greens, browns and golds.



It's spinning up nicely.




Below is a picture of our first Black Copper Marans egg that is dark. The picture makes it look lighter than it actually is.