Sheep For Sale

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Fair Isle Hat Finished


Finished my Fair Isle hat today. It was a quick knit and I think I'd like to make more for Christmas gifts for next year.
Outside of Knitting -
Yesterday we went into Springfield. I had my appointment with the Perineonatologist for my genetic counselling and work-up. They drew 15 tubes of blood and a finger stick. What are we looking for? Good question- I've done alot of research on my own so I was somewhat familiar with what was being discussed. I think the main tests are for clotting disorders- V Factor Leiden being one of these, an Balanced Translocation (in me) - meaning I have 2 chromosomes- Chrom. A and Chrom. B. Chrom A has some of Chrom. B in it, Chrom. B has some of Chrom. A, in equal amounts. If the baby gets one of these chromosomes- dad's wouldn't match because his are normal and the baby will die at some point- in womb or out. If mine come back okay- he'll be tested. The results should be back in 1-2 weeks. I need to know what is going on. Can this be prevented by simple measure- i.e. an aspirin a day for a clotting disorder ( or warfarin), hormones or is this something that just is (Balanced Translocation) and nothing can be done. I'm not into the weird things they are doing with invitro. fert. and the other stuff. With the things that can't be helped with medicine, hormones..... it is simply in God's hands and I am okay knowing there is nothing else that I can do. Now we wait and see. We may not find any answer with these tests, but it's a start.
I sure am not asking for sympathy. It's amazing to me the things that happen to us in our lifetimes. When we lost our 1st son, it all was a blur and my husband had to take pictures of cemeteries to bring for me to look at and choose in the hospital. There was no time, no warning. A few years later, we were there, burying another son. Painful, oh yes. But, if I can spread awareness and share what I am doing. Perhaps someone can be helped, maybe it'll be a friend or relative of someone who reads this blog post.