Sheep For Sale

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Trip to A Yarn Shop

I'd never been into a "yarn shop" until today. It was a little bit overwhelming as there was so much to see. The owner, Lisa, was wonderful. I spent a good 3 hours there, mostly just chatting.
I found 2 balls of Wendy happy-bamboo/nylon, a skein of hand dyed sock yarn from Pagewood Farm and a ball of Schoppel Wolle. I'd been eyeballing that yarn on Paradise Fibers site and now I have some. She has alot of yearn to choose from, along with books, undyed yarn and dyes.... The name of the shop is One City Market and it is located in Rogersville, Missouri.
I'm ready to ship out my fleeces, just need to tape up the box. I kept one back to card myself. It's Concetta's fleece, grey, 5" staple. The ends are yellow and a bit funny looking and feeling. I know they could be weather damaged but I didn't think they were at shearing. I am wondering if the detergent can do that sometimes- maybe if too much was used or on certain fibers.
I did a bit of spinning over the weekend, inbetween chaos here and there. Thought I was doing well untill I realized I was plying in the wrong direction. So I got up, and slowly stepped away from the wheel. Haven't been back. l.o.l. I guess I'll have to cut it off. It's a shame though. I don't know what happened there.