Sheep For Sale

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Knitting Under The Influence

This week has been catch up on grading and work on lesson plans week. So when I had the opportunity to be sitting in our Suburban for a lengthy drive, I was looking forward to working a little more on my sock. I've been struggling with car sickness for just over a week now and get gagging, can't stand the movement, please stop and let me walk home....sick. I hang my head out the window, chew gum, lay down....to no avail. After my 4 year old was watching me struggle to hang onto my stomach contents and eventually close my eyes, she sighed and said,"well, I guess mommy's is dead". My 10 year old said, "no, she's sleeping" and the 4 year old replied, "nope, she's dead". At that point I burst out laughing. I've had to resort to Dramamine. Wow! When they say "marked drowsiness" on the label, they aren't fooling. I tried some last Sunday, to get me to Church and home. I barely made it through without keeling over. Sure enough, I had to take it today and what you see in the above photo is why you shouldn't knit while extremely drowsy. I lost a stitch somewhere. I'm still feeling the effects and it's been 4.5 hour since the symptoms hit. I'll be glad when the allergy season is passed.
We had opened up the fence to let the sheep have shelter from the rain. One of them figured out how to climb up higher and was sunning herself this morning.